Warm temperatures can cause the feet to swell
Water retention is a fairly common problem. Unfortunately, it tends to worsen during the summer. Usually, the most affected areas of the body are the ankles, hands, abdomen and the face (especially under the eyes).
If you step on the scale one day and weigh 2 kilos more than the day before, water weight is the most likely culprit. The good news is that excess water can be reduced more easily than extra fat.
There are several factors that can contribute to water retention. Sometimes, the cause is an unhealthy diet or lack of physical activity, but it can also be connected to a medical condition. In most cases, water retention can be remedied by following a few simple steps. If the problem persists, we recommend consulting a doctor.
Remedies for reducing water retention
- Drink more water. It might sound strange, but drinking water actually reduces water retention. A dehydrated body is more likely to retain water. On hotter days, it’s recommended to drink between 1 and 3 litres of water a day, depending on where you live and how active you are.
- Physical activity. Sitting for longer periods of time or in the same position can lead to swollen legs and ankles. Avoid keeping your legs crossed for extended periods of time, it can be bad for blood circulation. Physical activity is good for cardiovascular health, leading to better circulation, which also stimulates the lymphatic system and boosts the elimination of toxins.
- Consume less salt. Salt plays an important role in a healthy diet, but too much of it can cause problems. If you have a habit of eating a lot of processed food or fast food, you might consume much salt! Replace salt with various spices and herbs that will keep the meal just as flavourful, if not more so.
- Eat fewer carbs. Carbohydrate-rich food includes sweets, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, sugary drinks… If your blood sugar levels are imbalanced, it can lead to water retention.
- Natural teas and supplements. We recommend AquaSlim! It can help stimulate the elimination of excess water. Over 80% of users report being 100% satisfied with their results!
What does AquaSlim do?
- Eliminates excess water and toxins
- Visible slimming within days
- Reduces bloating
- Reduces the swelling of the face and limbs